Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Time Speeds Up



Here I am 18 days away from my wedding. 3 weeks away from Italy. Time is speeding up, and every moment that I am not actively planning or cleaning or doing something is a moment I feel guilty for.

I want milkshakes and midday movies. I want to bob on a lake on a raft (in the shade, of course). But the wedding and the honeymoon will be so much more than that!

Some people have told me that June 7, the day I marry Cary, will be a perfect day. I disagree. No day is perfect. I'm sure there will be minor disasters and disappointments. I am making myself ready for them. If my dress splits open and is held closed with safety pins; if a table collapses and we lose food; if the bartender can't make it, the day will go on. We will be married and many people will enjoy the party. That is all that is important.

I don't like people calling it my "special day." It sounds like I'm getting my period.

My friends and family are beyond amazing. And the man I am marrying is my Jake Ryan.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm so happy I will be there to witness this ordinary day of yours. :)

xoxo, C

Sarah13 said...

If any disasters (large or small) should happen just let me know and I will be there to help take care of it, whether it means I have to be a temporary table leg for an hour, or the most amazing bar tender that has never tended bar before. Don't worry! You just concentrate on marrying your Jake Ryan. Everything else is just icing on the cake (of which I suspect there will be LOTS!).

Unknown said...

Uh...if I remember correctly, it was PERFECT!