Saturday, August 23, 2008

Typo Vigilantes



Typo vigilantes banned from national parks

...Deck and Herson, both 28, toured the United States this spring, wiping out errors on government and private signs. They were interviewed by NPR and the Chicago Tribune, which called them "a pair of Kerouacs armed with Sharpies and erasers and righteous indignation."

I just put together my English nerd shelf. Who needs 10 different grammar handbooks?

Me. That's who.

By the way, the kid is practicing punctuation.

2 comments:

Escapegoat said...

The Fine Art of Pung-Shuei-Shun. This is something for you to write. Imagine legions of small children punching and kicking quotation marks. Brilliant.

Also, wtf am I doing here?!

Sarah13 said...

I think I might have 1 or 2 more grammar books of yours too. You can have them back when I unpack them, which could be ages from now;-)