Friday, August 22, 2008

Barrelhouse Roller Derby Contest Winner


I'm here. I forgot myself, but now I remember.

I am the winner of the Roller Derby invitational in Barrelhouse magazine. It's a really cool journal, and I am honored to be in it. Not to mention...I won the contest!

It's not a poem. It's a prose-thingy. If you are interested, here's the TOC for issue #6.

There. I've done it. I've blown my own horn.

I don't know if I'll bother with catching up with the last month or not. There's so much inertia. I'm in a really good place at this moment.

My Jill is coming back! And then she's whisking me off for two nights with Nick Cave in September. This is important.

I love my man so much. This is important.

I know this blissful moment is rare. I will look back on this wistfully. You know how these moments buzz by.

1 comment:

jill alexander essbaum said...

I'm SO excited we get to go see Mistah Cave! It's the first trip we've gone on together!!!