Monday, April 28, 2008

Trailmix to Hell


There are things I want to say about why I'm dizzy and why my hands are dry. But I won't say them. Instead I will tell you that I ate trailmix while very hungry. No good comes of this. None. My stomach has been stapled to a rock in hell. My aunt had to have some stomach surgery because of eating too many nuts and seeds. Yikes! What IS good for me?

Water. And I love water. Sometimes I forget how much I love it.

I am trying to sort out my manuscript. I write about shiny stones and food a lot.

I'm trying to sort out the things in my head. I think about moving my body more than I actually move it. When I was in 4th grade I was involved in this gymnastic "circus." I was lady of the high wire: awkwardly fumbling across a balance beam a foot off the ground. Kinda pathetic. I ran track, but only for a short period of time. My ankles hurt. I hit volleyballs, ate softballs, burned my ice-skating dreams and bellydanced in a corner. At work I have the desire to stretch and massage my feet. It is generally inappropriate to spread one's legs at the ceiling when one is in a college classroom.

The horrible ice cream song is in my head...hell-oow...ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding...hell...oow...

I ate a frozen custard from Sandy's on Thursday. It had no calories because I was eating a cone of history. History is tasty. Except for Colonial America. That is bland.

See how unfocused I am? Cerberus lives in my abdomen.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manuscript? Whatwhat? Tell us about this.

nicoolio said...

I'm sad about the seeds thing for you. I think I could live off of them quite happily if they weren't SO outrageously high in caloric content. Le sigh...

Escapegoat said...

Now I am back to comment with my shiny blue underlined reinforcement.

Did it form some sort of solid mass?

Anonymous said...

Yes, tell us more of the manuscript!

And then come to Bikram yoga with me! We'll get all sweaty & stretchy together... ;)